Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Bunny Surprise

Today I let Norah watch some Elmo and accidentally fell asleep while she was doing so. When I woke up (because my cell phone rang – thank goodness) Norah was covered in chocolate. She apparently had found her Easter Bunny. IMG_7154

This picture was taken AFTER she wiped her face on our sheets! I think it is pretty funny that Norah gobbled up most of her Easter Bunny while I snoozed but what’s even better is that she had the sense to turn off the computer and be extra quiet so I wouldn’t wake up. This little girl definitely knew she was being sneaky because she HATES it when I fall asleep on the job. If I start to doze off before bedtime (something I’ve been doing a lot recently because I’m pregnant) she yells “MAMA!” to wake me up. When Bryan gets up with Norah in an attempt to let me sleep in past 6 she comes up to me and says “come, come come” to appeal to me to join them for breakfast – or she says “Up Up” until I put her in bed with me at which point she sits on me and bounces up and down – real great for queasiness. Anyhow – she evidently decided she didn’t mind letting me nap as long as there was chocolate. Who can blame her?

8 comments:

Diane said...

Lindsey,
Congratulations! that is soooo exciting! I hope you get a little bit of rest.

jo said...

Hilarious! And how clever... I might just adopt her methods when I make delicious brownies and don't want to share them with the ol' husband.

And... CONGRATULATIONS! What big news. Norah, it seems, will be an excellent older sister.

Hillary and Jonathan said...

This sounds like a win-win situation to me. I can't believe she turned off the computer, though. That's just pure cleverness.

Julie said...

:) ha ha! Can't wait for Norah to be a big Sis! Congratulations you guys!

Ashley said...

I like that she tried to "clean-up" after herself. Sheets are sort of like napkins...

MLE Whatz said...

She saw the opportunity and went for it.

SMT Family said...

What a smart and sneaky girl. She will have lots of tricks to teach her sweet sibling :) Congrats!

kel said...

love this post. sneaky kids are the best kids even if they do wipe melted chocolate on your bed sheets. and CONGRATS! we are very excited for you brookses!