Thursday, September 13, 2012

Utah Part II: Salt Lake City

Saturday afternoon after a Café Rio fix we headed up to SLC to see family. We haven’t been to SLC since Norah was a wee babe so it was great to see family again.

Norah practiced her Spanish (she pretty much just knows the colors) with Great Grandpa Hicks IMG_0319She read stories with Aunt Leslie IMG_0325and picked tomatoes from my Aunt Renee’s garden IMG_0169Explored City Creek with Natalie IMG_0334and walked around Temple SquareIMG_0336played in the Church History MuseumIMG_0339This is one of the few pictures where you can see Alice’s faceIMG_0341Alice wasn’t in many photos because she was so traumatized from me leaving her repeatedly that she wouldn’t let anyone hold her. That is, until at a Hyer family party we were all talking about how Alice wouldn’t let anyone hold her and my uncle Glen confidently said “ah, I bet she’ll let me hold her” and managed to not only hold her, but get a smile and walk into another room. IMG_0174Before we left to return to Dallas on Tuesday, we made sure to get a 4 generations picture. When I visited SLC with Norah as a baby I took pictures of her with my grandma but I didn’t get one with me and mom grandma together. Alice was asleep in her car seat but at least she’s in the picture!IMG_0361

4 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

I think you're so great at getting pictures of regular stuff! I would never think to take a picture of reading for example.

Ehales said...

Sounds like a great trip! You're so brave to go and bring both girls with you. Just remember how Alice was clinging to you in 15 years when she's never home....at least thats what I keep telling myself.

Ashley said...

Did you love City Creek?

My favorite picture is Alice down in the "water" with Norah busy fishing. Looks like you had a nice trip and visit.

Kari said...

It looks like they are fishing for Alice. Love it.