Friday, September 21, 2012

Farewell Summer . . . or not

Since today is the last day of summer I thought I would post my phone pictures that never made it into blog posts. It actually still feels like summer here in Dallas – so much so that I am startled when I see pumpkins and Halloween decorations. It reminds me of how I felt when Bryan’s parents took us on a cruise over Christmas break – I could NOT accept that it was January when it was that warm. If we were in Ithaca I’d be thinking about unpacking the sweaters around now.
These are from July 9th at a spray park
IMG_0066IMG_0067That same day Alice started pulling herself up on furniture for the first time and I quickly took some terrible pictures (always a battle – do I take the picture or make sure she doesn’t fall?) to remember the moment. She was so happy with herself.IMG_0078IMG_0079And I love this picture of Norah playing princess with my friend Crystal’s little girlsIMG_0129And here is Norah playing with her friend JonathanIMG_0162

4 comments:

jenny t said...

Oh my goodness, I love the picture with Crystal's girls, too! I definitely need to come to Dallas. I miss Ithaca friends. I don't think I'll ever have friends quite like Ithaca friends.

Kari said...

Yeah, it's time for sweaters out here. Wish it wasn't. (:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

Hooray for Jonathans! And I love Norah's expression in that picture :).

Ashley said...

Looks like a nice splash park.

I hear what you're saying about Alice being so proud of herself. When Louis lets go and stands on his own for a second or two he's so proud and it's clear he's thinking, "Did you guys see that?! That was awesome!"