Thursday, August 9, 2012

The ultimate chew toy

I’ve never met a baby that didn’t love a good chew on a shoe. Sophie Giraffe is passed over time and time again for the soft supple leather of my born flats. Seriously, those shoes are incredibly soft (they’re the ones I bought instead of the 4 inch heels Norah was pushing). I can hardly blame Alice for wanting to chew on them ALL THE TIME – whether on or off my feet. Alice knows right where to find them too. If there isn’t a stray cheerio on the floor to crawl to she heads right to the shoe tray. Today while checking my email I left her to her own devices long enough for her to actually get inside the shoe tray.

How gross is it that I allowed her to chew on my filthy shoe while I took this picture?!IMG_0156IMG_0159Yes, that thing dangling from the wall does drive me crazy. I want to delete this picture just looking at it. But look how happy she is surrounded by shoes.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

But how could you take it away from her when she looks so happy!!!!

Crystal said...

I would have freaked out! I know what kinds of trashy Wal-mart parking lots I walk across with my shoes. I probably would have gagged, too. Still, it is cute. :) She's such an angel baby. Oh, and about that thing hanging from the wall: just hot glue that sucker!

Hillary and Jonathan said...

God made dirt so dirt don't hurt. Alice is so cute (and your shoes too:)

Kari said...

I love those pictures! Definitely worth letting her chew the shoe.

Tahri and Kehau said...

Lindsey, oh we miss you guys! Alice is beautiful, I love that smile and those dimples! AHHH I can't believe I haven't seen her. I say, whatever keeps them from crying and its not hurting them. hahaha.......I know I'm a great mom.

natalie said...

Oh this is hilarious. I enjoyed your captions just as much as the photos "how gross that I let her chew on my filthy shoe while I took this picture!?"-- I guess the damage has been done, might as well document it. I love her giddy smile in the second photo!