Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Alice is 9 months

Alice is such a joy. She is a happy, busy little baby willing to follow us all around the house crawling. I feel like I have a little puppy following me around sometimes. She is so wiggly now that I hardly get to hold her unless I’m reading her a book. All this movement is having an affect on her physique. I’ve noticed that she’s stopped drawing comments from complete strangers that she was the chubbiest baby they had seen. Just this past Sunday a lady at church said “she’s losing her rolls. She was such a butterball when you moved in.” Indeed I’ve even noticed that it is getting easier to fit her into her size 12month clothes. I used to be able to spread out her rolls and see tan lines but those are starting to fade. As you can see she still has plenty of chubba but I think she is past her peak.

I love her smile with these two bottom teeth. Her four top teeth are coming in so pretty soon her smile will look more like this
IMG_0194IMG_0208What stands out to me most about Alice this month is how much she wants to be included in everything. If she hears Bryan and Norah playing in another room, even if I’m with her, she seems to sense that she’s missing out on the action and will crawl down the hall and through the kitchen to find them and join in the fun. If we’re eating, she wants to be eating with us and if we have avocado or watermelon we better serve that up to her quick before fists start pounding. If Norah is in the bath, Alice will pull herself up at the tub and try to get in with her. If we’re reading books she wants in on that too. IMG_0149And in general Alice wants to be around Norah. They are actually starting to play together a little. These are some pictures I snapped a week ago when Norah was imitating everything Alice did.IMG_0164Alice just guffaws at any silly thing Norah does and Norah appreciates the feedback. Norah is even starting to show genuine concern and compassion for Alice at times. I think they are going to enjoy their sisterhood.IMG_0170

8 comments:

Julie said...

Ahhh! She's so sweet! Can't believe she's mo already! Norah looks so grown up going to preschool & Spanish?! That's cool. I can't wait to hear more about it. Girls across the street look fun! I love T's little neighborhood friends-theres always someone running around ha ha.

Ehales said...

Look at her blonde hair! I can't believe how much older she looks, but she's still sweet baby Alice to us.

Ashley said...

I love the last picture of them grabbing onto your legs. What color are Alice's eyes? They are slightly darker than Norah's?

Lindsey Hicks said...

I think they are going to be like Bryan's - light greenish/brown

Stacy said...

Oh they are so cute and getting so big!!

natalie said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. Alice's smile makes me melt, she looks so sweet. And Norah is turning into a beautiful girl! I can't wait to see them both next week! Also, I liked seeing your cool bathroom featured again.

natalie said...

k I just looked at these again and noticed they have matching shirts in one picture- love it :)

natalie said...

k I just looked at these again and noticed they have matching shirts in one picture- love it :)