Friday, August 24, 2012

Preschool

Norah started preschool this week. We enrolled her in a Spanish immersion preschool called Dallas Spanish House three mornings a week and she and I were both very very excited. Norah has been telling people all summer that she was going to go to preschool and I think she was thrilled that that day had actually come. She was on a waiting list to get in until just two weeks ago so I was relieved I didn’t have to break any bad news to her about not being able to go to preschool. She was so excited it was very difficult to keep her from going in long enough to take a picture. She said cheese a bunch of times really fast and then rushed right in without looking back. 

IMG_0179

When I picked her up she said “Mom you were in the car a very long time.” So I guess she thinks I just wait in the parking lot for her ha ha. It is kind of a mystery what she does when she is at preschool. We can’t get her to tell us much about it but she did finally divulge that there are puzzles and books. I think it caught her off guard that her teachers only speak Spanish to her even though we talked about it before hand. She seemed a little disappointed about that the first day but today she told me she loved preschool. I certainly love it! It has made the week fly by. It is so nice to have some one on one time with Alice and I feel like I’ve been much more patient with Norah. I think this is going to be really good for us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so awesome!

Crystal said...

That is so awesome! I have always wondered how that would be. I suppose it would be like when the girls had a babysitter who only spoke Spanish. They kinda loved it . . . and it wasn't long before they thought they spoke Spanish themselves. Fluently. :)

Hillary and Jonathan said...

Norah speaking Spanish is going to be the cutest thing ever.

Brett and Sydnie said...

Norah and Alice are looking so grown up! I'm so glad she loves preschool, she will do so great there. We really miss you guys here, Ithaca just isn't the same without your cute family.

Ashley said...

Has she practiced any Spanish at home yet? She looks so cute on her first day of school!

natalie said...

I had no idea you were going to put her into an immersion school but I think it's fantastic. I actually used to fantasize/ wonder about my future kids and how to raise them bilingual. That's also funny about the parking lot car comment and her worldview :)I'm excited to see how this plays out!

Christy said...

I love her!