Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Milestones

Glimpse of Norah's First Teeth

IMG_2700
I snapped this during one of Norah's "naps." After she cried a while I decided to sit in her room with her to see if that helped. I read my book and she started to babble to herself and play with her dog "Fluffy." A chapter later I noticed it was pretty quiet and I thought she might be asleep. Nope, she was just staring at me. When I looked up at her she got really excited. I think she thought we were going to play peek a boo. We did actually play peek a boo - to get this picture. Then it was straight to the swing for a real nap.


Norah Tries Rice Cereal and Strongly Disapproves

IMG_2558
IMG_2573
IMG_2571

These pictures are from October 28th. We let Norah try some rice cereal after she repeatedly reached for a bowl of vanilla ice cream. We thought the creamy white cereal would be a suitable substitute but she was furious and continued to go for the ice cream. After a teary tantrum we called a truce and let her hold the spoon. She enjoyed jabbing herself in the face with it. Norah's skin is incredibly sensitive and when I changed her into her pajamas I noticed she had red spots all over her face and panicked thinking she was having an allergic reaction. I quickly called my brother-in-law who is a pediatrician and he warned me to watch for signs of troubled breathing. This was very upsetting to me because I had initially only worried that I would have to deal with a kid with food allergies. Fortunately Bryan figured out that marks were from her spoon jabbing.



Norah Approves Banana and Leans in for More

IMG_2708
Yesterday Jess held Norah while Bryan and I ate lunch and Cassandra innocently approached to entertain her. Encouraged by Norah's enthusiastic response, Cassandra moved in closer only to have her banana ambushed. Norah gnawed on it long enough for us to laugh in astonishment, debate getting the camera, find the camera, remember to take off the lens cap and take a picture. She would have kept going but the assault was too much for the banana and it broke off.

6 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

Those teeth are coming in so fast!

Kari said...

I can't believe she has teeth already, and hair. My poor bald baby girl...

I love reading your blog. I love your writing style.

Crystal said...

She is such a cute baby!!! Agh! I can't stand it! :) Love her. The banana thing made me laugh. At least we know she does eat something. Bananas are a great choice. Rice cereal is totally gross, who can blame her?

natalie said...

I love the stories and I love the pictures! I can't get over just how darling she is! What a sweetie! Also, she looks so much like Bryan!

I wonder how long strawberry hair will stay for?

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

That's really cute!

Leslie said...

Lindsey,

She is adorable and growing up so fast! The food phase in fun! Ethan LOVED just about everything though. His favorite . . . asparagus! Go figure