Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Big Rocks Park

The day after visiting dinosaur valley we played in a city park called Big Rocks. The rock formations were a lot of fun to run around in and explore. IMG 5198This was candid I swearIMG 5246I feel like I haven’t gotten a good picture of Norah in a long time. She is so difficult to photograph because she never sits still and when I ask her to let me take her picture she just says “no thank you” or “that’s ok.” She runs all over the place and doesn’t look back to see if you’re keeping up. She’s kind of like trying photograph a little wild animal. Essentially what this boils down to is that I need a telephoto lens for Norah. My pictures of her are pretty much like this:

IMG 5206

Freya is also a challenge to photographIMG 5256IMG 5190I love this shot I got of Brian and BenjaminIMG 5241This is Brian helping Alice cross the river after she had been left in the dust by Norah and Benjamin
IMG 5272

The dam I was standing onIMG 5282Coming back

IMG 5278

IMG 5280We met this cool group of people that come to Big Rocks every Sunday to practice driving scale model cars. They set up a canopy and chairs and bring cars for their kids and just spend the day together. They enter in local competitions but I forgot the name of their group.  They were really nice and let the kids check out their cars. I asked if I could take their picture and emailed them a few later. This was my favorite shot

IMG 5283and just for good measure here are some close ups of those awesome cars

IMG 5221IMG 5222

No comments: