Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Alice in July

I’m happy to report that Alice’s separation anxiety is diminishing. She is doing much better in nursery (when Bryan’s there) and she has started letting Bryan put her to bed. She is still my barnacle baby though. IMG_2185IMG_2189 Alice is is also slowly adding to her vocabulary although I think she and I are both frustrated progress is not coming faster. Bryan is actually much better at interpreting her than I am (he was also much better with Norah too – is he better at thinking outside the box? I would like to know what trait he has that aids him in understanding toddlers). It’s a shame he isn’t around more to help us communicate. One of her new words is buckle. Alice is adamant about buckling her car seat buckle that goes across her chest all by herself but when I’m in a hurry I forget and and she yells buckle (sounds like buh-ull) at me and insists I unbuckle her so she can do it herself.

Little Alice has been such a trooper this month. I dragged to the paint store at least 8 times and she has accommodated Norah’s busy schedule of play dates, parties and swim lessons. Alice loves doing whatever Norah is doing so for the most part she is content to let Norah’s plans dictate hers as long as she is included in the fun. Here she is eating a pool side snack with Oliver.IMG_1582Norah was still in preschool for most of July so I would take Alice to Tietze park after dropping off Norah (and before heading to paint store)IMG_1467 On Monday and Tuesday the pool is closed except for swim lessons and Alice just has to watch. I bring her doll stroller and we walk around the pool but it is baby torture for her to not get to swim. I swim with her Wednesday and Thursday during the lesson and I really savor having that one on one time with her even if I don’t have a picture to prove it. I also unfortunately don’t have a picture to prove how smiley she is. She really is – I just took very few pictures this month.

2 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

You look so pretty in those first two pictures. My mom says Conan is a clinging vine, but I also like barnacle baby.

DB said...

Bryan has skill with language -- like a parrot. Looks like a tear on Alice's cheek; no?