Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bryan turns 29

We celebrated Bryan’s 29th birthday in Shreveport Louisiana at my sister Emily’s house while my parents were visiting her. The drive was less than 3 hours and it went so well that I’m sure we’ll be back again soon. Bryan’s birthday was over Mardi Gras so the houses in Emily’s neighborhood had Mardi Gras wreaths and flags decorating their homes. Emily let the Norah and Evelyn decorate a little Mardi Gras Christmas tree which I guess is a thing in LA. We opted out of the city’s festivities because it seemed like it was going to be more hassle and stress with the kids than fun and instead took them to a park. Evelyn and Norah had a great time together and at various points declared themselves best friends and cousins.IMG_0673Mike made us a delicious Thai curry dinner completely from scratchIMG_0666IMG_0667My mom made Bryan a carrot cake and Emily and Evelyn decorated it with candyIMG_1321My mom and dad had some good times with their granddaughtersIMG_1323IMG_1326

3 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

Happy birthday to Bryan! I didn't realize your sister is that close.

Ashley said...

Looks like it was nice and warm there. Jealous.

Ehales said...

Happy birthday Bryan!!