Friday, September 30, 2011

Norah Explores the Cinema

Yesterday Norah hit a new milestone: Her first movie. Her friend Graham invited her to escape the rain and see The Lion King in 3D. She was amazed by the big theater and seemed to understand that this was a special privilege. We walked in during the previews and Norah, instead of charging fearlessly ahead of me as she usually does, quietly held my hand and observed the two other children in the theater sitting quietly in their seats. She was completely surprised to see Graham there and thrilled that he had not only saved her a seat next to him but was prepared with goldfish, capri –suns and m&m’s. They were both excellent audience members and sat contentedly in their seats for at least half of the movie and were really only slightly disruptive during the second half. I had forgotten what a great movie The Lion King is and it was fun to watch Norah enjoy it. She loved all the animals and was excited every time she saw one she recognized.  She’d point and say “a giraffe, a giraffe” with such urgency like she was worried we were going to miss it. However, I don’t think 3D is the best idea for a kids movie --they can’t keep their hands off those glasses and it turns out they are less effective when smudged with peanut butter. IMG_7792IMG_7793IMG_7796

7 comments:

alli coleman said...

oh so cute!! I feel like I know little Norah ... though she has no idea who I am! We really need to get together at some point. Miss you guys!

Hillary and Jonathan said...

That first picture where they both have those looks of complete amazement on their faces is pretty priceless!

Julie said...

oh that is so sweet! cute pictures. I'm impressed they did so well.

Heidi said...

They are so cute! :) I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. I just sent you an invitation to mine if you're interested!

Kari said...

I love the pictures! Too cute!

MLE Whatz said...

Darling!

Christy said...

Adorable!!