Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Apartment: Norah’s Room

We moved into a new apartment a month ago and are loving it. It is so so nice to have a living room and kitchen again after two years of sorority living. We feel like grown ups again! There are lots of families with kids in this complex so whenever we go outside there is someone for Norah to play with.

When we moved in we switched Norah from her crib to twin bed. The transition couldn’t have been easier. She was so excited about having a big girl bed that she took right to it. This picture is of a random day when she insisted on napping with a package of straws.IMG_7683I just finished this strawberry quilt for Norah this week. I was hoping she would be just as excited about it as she was about her big girl bed but no such luck. She told me several times “no like it” and tried to pull it off her bed. I think she just really doesn’t like anyone messing with her stuff.IMG_7684Since not using the quilt was clearly not an option after laboring over it all summer I launched a PR campaign which included me playing with her stuffed animals and feeding them strawberries from the quiltIMG_7688As well as making a coordinating doll quilt for Molly the Dolly to use IMG_7691It seems to have helped because I left Norah napping with my friend Ashley while I got my hair cut the other day and I guess when Norah woke up she was very happy about the quilt (she was very unhappy about having it on her bed when she went down for her nap) and showed it off to Ashley saying “look, strawberry blanket. So beautiful.” She has been happy to have it on her bed since. Success!

IMG_7690IMG_7689

5 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

The quilt looks amazing! I'm glad your PR campaign worked... geez Norah show some gratitude! :) 2 year olds!

Ashley said...

The quilt turned out really cute. I like that watermelon color a lot and I think the yellow accents are nice. Norah is lucky to have such a cute room.

bec said...

wow, your quilts are gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

Cameron and Allison said...

Wow! Your quilting skills are amazing! As are your interior decorating skills. Love your blog. I took a left at the Busby's blog and stumbled onto it. Your little family is so cute!

Leslie said...

What a super cute room for little Miss Norah! I miss you guys. You gonna be in Utah any time soon?