Thursday, September 22, 2011

Indian Creek Apple Picking

Fall is my favorite season and Ithaca has so much to offer in the fall. This past Saturday we took Norah apple picking at Indian Creek Farm. We have never picked there before and it is probably the closest U-pick farm to us so we thought we should give it a go. I think I prefer both Little Tree Orchards and Grisamore Farm to Indian Creek. Click Here if you want to compare last year’s apple picking pictures to see how much Norah has grown.IMG_7765IMG_7766The trees we were supposed to pick from were already picked pretty bare so it was hard to find low hanging fruit for Norah to pick. IMG_7768 Norah was incredibly patient and obedient as we looked for apples she could reach and she didn’t pick any fruit from the heavy laden trees (such as below) that were not ready for picking. She really was in a great mood and such a sport – singing to herself and asking us questions about the apples.IMG_7767Maybe she was so content because she always had an apple in her hand to eat.IMG_7773IMG_7777We also picked some perfectly ripe pears which were incredibleIMG_7781IMG_7782The highlight of the morning for Norah was seeing and hearing a rooster crow. I would have taken a picture but the rooster was hanging out by the clotheslines and it seemed a little too personal for pictures.

5 comments:

Tahri and Kehau said...

I never heard of that place. I would have loved to have picked some pears, I love them. Okay Norah you are just getting cuter and cuter. Love the outfit!

jenny t said...

I miss you guys so much! And posts like this are going to make me sad to miss Ithaca in the fall! (But keep them coming anyways.) :)

Julie said...

shoot Lindsey,
I can't look at your blog again until the fall is over. I miss the fall in Ithaca so much. I'm kidding, I'll still look at it, but it makes me REALLY miss it. Norah is a doll. We miss you guys!!

Hillary and Jonathan said...

Haha, I love how all the comments so far are from Ithaca ex-pats who miss the fall! (Us included of course.)

Kari said...

I love the fall here in New York as well. We are going apple picking today!