Thursday, July 28, 2011

Brooks Family Reunion Part 3

We made the most of our time while we were all together. It was easy to find motivation to get out of the house with 100 degree weather! We went swimming at Treman, visited the Corning Glass Museum (mostly to have an air conditioned venue) and we even went on a sisters (and husbands) night hike while the grandparents played with Evelyn and Norah in Norah’s air conditioned bedroom. I didn’t take any pictures at any of these events because I was too busy enjoying myself so I’ll have to try to steal some pics from my sisters. I do have this one group shot of all of us before Emily, Mike and Evie had to leave.IMG_7585

We spent our last full day with Ashley, Matt and Natalie at Treman State Park again but this time we did the gorge trail which is stunning. It is a steep hike and 5 1/2 miles round trip and I was a little nervous about doing the whole thing pregnant so Bryan and Matt dropped off a car at the top while the rest of us started hiking. We offered to wait for them but they kept bragging about how they’d catch up (it is probably a 10 min drive one way) and sure enough they did. I think they ran up the trail.

Matt, Bryan, Natalie and Stacy hiked most of the trail in the gorge up and over waterfalls. My dad carried Norah in the back pack.DSCN8115Ashley and I played it safe on the trailDSCN8118I wish I had some pictures of the dramatic Lucifer Falls that this hike leads too. It is really impressive. When we were at the top Ashley, Natalie, Stacy, Norah and I drove down to the swimming hole and my parents, Matt, Bryan, Dean and Lorraine hiked down. They were gone so long we were starting to get nervous. Turns out they hiked almost the entire thing in the water. They went so far down they could hear the diving board at the swimming hole. My poor mom wasn’t in a swimsuit and she was completely soaked. Matt and Bryan said she earned their deepest respect as she scrambled down the waterfalls without the slightest complaint.

3 comments:

Tahri and Kehau said...

SOOO fun! I remember wishing I wasn't so pregnant last summer because I wanted to do all those hikes. They were beautiful! How was the water? It was freezing when we went. Oh how fun your reunion must have been.

Tiffany said...

So, I've been really behind on my blog reading! First of all, I never knew there was this crazy Ithacan parade each year. And how awesome that Hillary made you a cake on your birthday. Norah is getting so big- it would be so fun to still be around to have Taylor & her be friends. I saw that you got bossy pants for your b-day...how was it? Glad you guys are having a good time with the family!

kel said...

just look at that handsome bunch! it's good to see you all together and i'm glad you had a swell reunion.