Thursday, July 28, 2011

Brooks Family Reunion Part 2

Emily, Mike and Evelyn arrived next and we took them to Taghannook Falls and the Museum of Play.

I think I have a picture of every member of my family by this waterfall except Natalie and Taylor now – and Norah is present in almost all of the pictures – albeit in an Ergo carrier in some.DSCN8052IMG_7531The highlight of the Museum of Play was predictably the Wegmans Grocery store. My pictures are terrible but these girls were on the move and there was no posing them.IMG_7547IMG_7550Another big hit was playing with Grandma. She helped the cousins make a fort of pillows in the center of the living room and played endless rounds of duck, duck, goose with them – or a version of it. My mom kept trying to demonstrate how to properly play duck duck goose by demonstrating how you pat heads using stuffed animals and she even tried showing them youtube tutorials on the game but it was to no avail. Evie and Norah instead just chased Grandma around the pillow fort yelling “duck, duck, goose.” They LOVED it and it was hilarious to watch. They were shrieking with laughter. Another favorite game was crawling inside this tunnel and being pulled around by Grandma.DSCN8063We also took Emily, Mike and Evelyn to beautiful Ithaca Falls. IMG_7551Evie and Norah held hands almost the entire timeIMG_7558I kept getting these sun spots in the pictures so I held up my hand to block the sun and then I couldn’t get the girls to stop holding up their hands.IMG_7560IMG_7564

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It's fun to see what you all did before we arrived. I'm glad I got the experience of shopping at the real Wegmans, even though the kid version looks pretty fun too.

MLE Whatz said...

i like that they were copying you holding up your hand

Unknown said...

Hi my name is naomi brooks and i am 13 am i related to the brooks family on here :) xoxoxoxo