Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

We drove down to VA for Thanksgiving to visit Bryan’s family and my sister.  We couldn’t leave Alpha Phi until after 5 pm Wednesday so we drove down on Thanksgiving Day.  Norah happened to wake up at 3:30 am (shocker) so we put her in her car seat and took off.  We made great time and arrived in Ashburn at 10:00 am.  Even though we were very tired it was worth it to enjoy the whole day with Bryan’s family.  IMG_5915Norah with her Aunt Courtney who played with her all weekendIMG_5920Norah and I wearing our matching, door buster hoodies from Target on Friday.  I woke up at 4:00 am to go shopping with my mother in law who is the ultimate bargain shopper.  We had forgotten to pack Norah a coat (I know, what kind of parents forget to bring their child a coat right?) so Susan steered me over to these snuggly deals.  I did pack a coat for myself but decided I needed a hoodie anyway.  IMG_5929Saturday Courtney, Norah and I went to the Zoo with Ashley and Matt.  Bryan was super sick and spent most of the day sleeping.IMG_5933IMG_5939IMG_5947Ashley and Matt made us a delicious salad and burritos for lunch and then Norah and Matt talked on the phone for while and Norah tried on some of Matt’s hats. IMG_5961Okay, on the count of three lets both hang up at the same time:  1, 2,  . . .IMG_5960naw lets talk some moreIMG_5959

Later that evening we listened to Christmas music and decorated the tree together.  Norah loved handling all the ornaments and taking them off the tree as put them on. IMG_5966

10 comments:

natalie said...

What a fun trip! I feel bad for Bryan getting sick and all. You guys are all so well dressed. I'm loving Ashley's longer hair. And Norah is rocking that baseball cap. ...and the let's hang up on 1, 2.... reminded me of Modern Family. "I can't believe he actually hung up!"

I'm jealous that I don't live out east.

Hillary and Jonathan said...

Wow, I can't believe you made it there by 10 am! I hope you took a nap.

Kari said...

Looks like fun!

h.v. said...

i feel it's only fair to warn you that i plan on commandeering norah for the duration of our time in mesa. i hope that's alright with you...and i can't wait to see you and bryan!

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! We miss you! Sorry we took off to Utah so suddenly. Can't wait to see you when we get back!

Tiffany said...

Norah's Thanksgiving outfit is too cute!

brooke said...

okay so you look great! i love your hair. it looks so blonde for ithaca and the middle of winter.
but not too blonde...just great.
and i really cannot believe how big norah is!
what happened?
i swear we just left last week?!?!

Lorraine said...

I am glad Norah got to help or should I say participate in decorating the tree.

Lorraine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jo said...

How far away is Ithaca from here? It can't be that far. I need to meet this little one! She is so cute. I may have to make a pilgrimage or wait until we're in the same place again. I hope that's soon!