Sunday, November 28, 2010

Camille Visits Ithaca

Last weekend (November 19th –21st) my cousin Camille came to visit.  I hadn’t seen her since before her mission in 2007 so it was wonderful to finally catch up.   

Friday

Camille flew a red eye into Syracuse Friday morning and Norah and I picked her up from the airport and took her straight to Palmyra.  We walked around the Temple and then headed to the Smith Family Farm where we had a private tour since we were pretty much the only visitors.  IMG_5738IMG_5767Walking up to the beautiful new farm house that Alvin Smith built for his parentsIMG_5774

After walking through the Farm and Sacred Grove we visited the print shop where the Book of Mormon was publishedIMG_5839IMG_5859Then we finished with Hill Cummorah (notice Norah running around in the background)IMG_5874We didn’t have time to visit the Peter Whitmer farm but hopefully Camille will come visit again so we can go together. 

Saturday we went to the Farmer’s market, toured Cornell and looked at nearby waterfalls.

Camille and me with windswept hair in front of Ithaca Falls.  The coolest part about this waterfall is that it is right in the middle of Ithaca.  It is seriously across the street from Ithaca High School.  When I taught there I could here this waterfall from my classroom. IMG_5882Standing close enough to feel the sprayIMG_5885Camille standing in front of Buttermilk FallsIMG_5890Camille in Treman State Park.  In the summer they place a temporary dam to make this area a large swimming hole.  Where Camille is standing the water would probably be up to her shoulders.  Doesn’t that make you want to go swimming?  If it does maybe you should come visit us. . . IMG_5904

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love these pics of you- super cute!! Ithaca's beauty never fails to amaze me, love it.

natalie said...

Looks like a nice trip. You and Camille both look so beautiful in these pictures! p.s. I like your haircut!

natalie said...

p.p.s. I like your dress coat.

jo said...

Linds, you already know this, but you have the best taste in clothes. I need a few tips from you for sure. And Ithaca Falls is a beautiful place.