Friday, September 3, 2010

Norah’s Sailor Skirt

I finished this sailor skirt for Norah the other day and I’m very happy with how it turned out – even if it is a bit big around the waist.  Who knows?  Maybe it will still fit this spring.  If anything it seems Norah’s waist is shrinking as she grows.  She just had her 15 month check up Friday and she is only in the 14th percentile for weight and 33rd for height.  It will be a sad day for me when that round belly disappears.  I love it.  I love patting it and I love how her perfect posture shows it off. 

The only picture I could get of her holding still was when she paused to put a rock in her mouth.  Seriously.  What is the appeal?   You’d think we didn’t feed her.

IMG_5162I love kick pleats.  So classy.IMG_5154

12 comments:

Tahri and Kehau said...

Oh my gosh I love it! Soo cute, good job. I love norah's belly too. :)

Kari said...

That is way cute. I didn't know you were a seamstress. (:

Mike has a week off some time this month. Maybe one of those days we'll come down and we can go on one of those cool waterfall hikes.

alli coleman said...

ooh, I love love LOVE it!!

SMT Family said...

That is so ADORABLE!!

I love it and she looks gorgeous! Way to go.

kel said...

what a great skirt, color and all. it doesn't hurt that it's being modeled by such a doll.

jo said...

So darling, Linds!

Two things I'm impressed with:
1. You sew so beautifully!
2. You can find the time to sew.
(I've been working on drapes for close to 3 months...)

And I echo Kel's comment, she is a cutie.

Lindsey Hicks said...

Thanks friends. I started this skirt so long ago it is ridiculous. I meant to have it done for the beginning of spring.

Amy said...

so cute...both the skirt and norah!:) (and you look great
in the pictures as well)

your blog makes me miss Ithaca (even though we are liking our new home).

looks like you guys had a fun eventful summer

oh, and I love the post about profiling!:)

Leslie said...

Lindsey,
Her skirt is darling. I wish I would have learned to sew, because you just can't buy something that cute at the stores. It's adorable. She is also pretty darn cute too.

Stacia said...

The skirt is AMAZINGLY cute and I love the kick pleat, too!

Ashley said...

You could put her and that skirt in a catalog. I would buy it and I don't even have a baby.

MLE Whatz said...

Love the yellow skirt - I was gonna comment but then noticed you made it yourself - kudos!