Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kisses

Norah recently learned how to kiss and she loves to surprise us with them.  When I ask her for a kiss she won’t always give me one but when she is in a kissing mood she plants them on like it is her job.  She usually wants to kiss us in the morning when we’re cuddling in bed.  Other times it really catches me off guard – we will be reading a book or playing and she’ll just move in really fast and kiss me before I know it.  Norah and I bonked heads pretty hard tonight because she lost her balance when she was making her move.  The head bonk was followed by a generous bestowal of kisses.  Then she grabbed Bryan by the neck and it looked like she was pulling him in for a big wet one but she pulled his face over to mine and made us kiss (we complied).  We were so surprised that we laughed and that of course made her laugh and she did it again and then she grabbed both of our necks at the same time to pull us together again, and again until she had her fill of PDA.  It was adorable for so many reasons, but I think what I really loved about the experience is just how NORAH it was.  Everything is on her terms – even kisses:  You don’t just ask Norah for a kiss, she kisses you when she wants to and she expects you to kiss who she wants you to when she wants you to. 

5 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

OH my gosh, that is so cute! Lincoln is big into kisses now too and we're loving it :)

Kari said...

That is too cute. I love baby kisses! We taught Avery how to give Eskimo kisses after she saw a picture of an Eskimo in a book, and well, they are kind of painful. But still cute. (:

Tahri and Kehau said...

Oh that is so cute! Tale is the same way, on his terms.

nicole said...

haha i love the we stopped pretending this blog was about anyone other than norah

natalie said...

haha I love this story! I also loved the new videos you put up on youtube :) especially the one where she is dancing, and then turns around on the floor in the most inefficient manner.