Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Apple Picking

We took Norah to Little Tree Orchard to pick some apples on Labor Day.  She liked picking berries this summer so I thought she’d enjoy this outing.  Well enjoy doesn’t even begin to describe her experience. 

Norah is obsessed with balls and never believes she has enough of them.  To her, Little Tree was ball paradise.  Imagine her excitement when she entered this orchard where “balls” literally grow on trees and even cover the ground.  When she discovered that they were also edible she was truly amazed.  She tried to taste them all and carry more than what was reasonable.  It must have seemed magical to her to be able to pull these balls off trees (or pick them up off the ground) and taste them.  Bryan and I were too entertained by watching her lug around our apple sack to pick many apples ourselves.  Norah makes me realize how many simple treasures I take for granted.  It is a joy to accompany her as she explores this world and finds beauty every where she goes.  IMG_5203IMG_5215 IMG_5205 She kept falling behind and we would urge her to keep coming and she’d show us one of her apples as if to say “Hey, I’m doing serious work here and I don’t see you guys with any apples so stop rushing me”IMG_5209IMG_5222IMG_5221 IMG_5195

6 comments:

Tahri and Kehau said...

Oh my gosh Tale would love that. We will have to do that too. I love the pictures of Norah pulling the apple from the tree!!!

Christy said...

What a doll. And how jealous am I that apple picking season in Ithaca has begun!

Leslie said...

She is so cute. The pictures of her are darling. Sounds like a super fun day.

Kari said...

Apple picking is one of our favorite fall activities. It sounds like Norah had a fabulous time.

Ashley said...

Totally charming.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me! I have one of Norah's balls at my apartment. The green one with spikes. I'll bring it to church on Sunday or call me if you need it sooner.