Thursday, May 13, 2010

I don't post very often but I have become deeply saddened and angered by Apple's decision to shut down a marvelous music service, lala.com. As of the end of this month the website will be shut down and there isn't a good substitute out there. I already wrote a scathing email to tell them about my disgust at their actions. I thought that was going to be enough for me but it wasn't. I'm hoping this blog post will help me to get it all out of my system. For those of you unfamiliar with lala.com it might be easier to have never known the sweet. These days for me are akin to the day when napster died-- not the pitiful excuse for napster you might find on the web now, but the real one where you can find anything and then listen to it forever. I hope that this isn't too depressing for everyone to read but I really needed an outlet for my hurt.

3 comments:

Michael said...

The Apple giveth and The Apple taketh away. It all depends on what Steve wants to do.

We have had pretty good success finding songs we miss with GrooveShark.

Kali said...

I hadn't even heard of layla until I saw it on your blog. After visiting once I have to agree... nothing compares. I am bummed about this news:(

natalie said...

I know! It's a terrible loss. I was bummed too. I like the picture. I wonder if there is a way to get enough complaints and have them bring it back... although too many people seem willing to pay the extra 30 cents and stay oblivious.