Monday, July 18, 2016

Yellowstone: Mammoth Springs

IMG_4724 IMG_4726 IMG_4733IMG_4745IMG_4753IMG_4768We spent June 9th in the North part of Yellowstone beginning with Mammoth Springs. It brought back a lot of memories for Bryan and I of our camping trip to Yellowstone as newlyweds 10 years ago. In fact, we camped our first night in Mammoth Springs on that trip. After seeing the geothermal springs there we drove to see the Roosevelt Arch at the North Entrance. We hadn't bothered to see it on our last trip and I don't remember seeing it as a child I really wanted to this time because it was mentioned so many times in Ken Burns's "The National Parks: America's Best Idea." Bryan and I listened to the book version of of the documentary on the drive and I found myself thinking of parts of the book everywhere we went in the park. I certainly have an increased appreciation for John Muir and Teddy Roosevelt and a better sense of how fortunate we are to have these beautiful public lands.

Save

No comments: