Monday, September 7, 2015

3 girls 1 room

One of the little details of life that I thought about during Freya’s pregnancy was whether or not she would share a room. Norah and Alice have shared a bedroom since we moved to Texas when Alice was just 6 months old. I love overhearing the conversations they have together in their room and I worried that Freya would miss out on that if she had her own room for too long. I also didn’t want Norah to off all alone so soon. By June Freya was sleeping through the night consistently enough that it seemed like she was ready to be a roommate. We bought an Ikea crib on craigslist that fit perfectly at the foot of Alice’s bed. She immediately laughed and clapped her hands when we stuck her in it the first time. Maybe it was just because we were all staring at her and giving her attention but I like to think she was genuinely excited to be in the big girl room. Now three months later it still makes me so happy to see them altogether. I love peaking in and seeing three little girls asleep in there and I love hearing them talk to each other in the morning. I do think Freya sometimes wakes up a bit earlier than she would if she had her own room but it is worth it to hear her big sisters tell her good morning and ask how she slept.

I took these back in early July – this isn’t a great picture but it shows how their room is arranged in case they are curious when they’re olderIMG_2221 IMG_2227 IMG_2229

No comments: