Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Freya at 2 Months

Freya hit 2 months on September 25th. She had her 2 month check up on September 29th and weighed 13 pounds 9 ounces which put her in the 95% and she measured in the 75% for length (I’ve misplaced her checkout sheet with the exact measurement). She is no longer fitting into her 0-3 month clothes. She is a very calm baby and an excellent sleeper – the best sleeper of all our babies. Freya makes lots of cooing sounds when we talk to her and smiles for attention. Freya has shown a strong preference for the ergo carrier over her car seat. She really hates to be in her car seat if she’s awake so whenever I go get groceries or to the zoo with Alice, I carry her in the ergo. When strangers see me with Freya out and about they always comment on her pretty red hair.

Freya never fit well in our divided sink but she can’t fit at all anymoreIMG_0267She’s graduated to the bathtubIMG_0459.Bryan traveled a LOT in September. He went to three conferences three weeks in a row when Freya was going on 7, 8 and 9 weeks old. That was a major challenge for me. I took these pictures of her in her jammies one night when he was gone. I had managed to get the big girls in bed, pack lunches and clean up the house and before I went to sleep I took 20 pics of her trying to document her smile.IMG_0464It is really hard to get a baby to smile and then move the camera back in front of your face to snap the picture before the smile is gone. Its preferable to have a helper get them to smile while you hold the camera. This is the best I could getIMG_0470I wanted to include this picture just because this expression looks so much like Alice to me. IMG_0473Freya smiles for her sistersIMG_0493IMG_0495Every Wednesday night that Bryan was out of town I took the girls to Chick fila for dinner. My friend Brooke snapped these pictures of me holding Freya. I need to try to get more pictures of me holding her because I really hold her all the time. She is an exceptionally snugly baby and I never get tired of holding her. IMG_0456I think I look a little like my mom in this picture. Also, my iphone 4 camera is terrible. Can’t wait to get an iphone 6!IMG_0457I felt like Freya needed some more adventure in her life so Bryan took Alice’s jungle gym out of the attic. It’s been a good thing. I think the bright colors keep her happy on the floor longer and Norah and Alice like to play with it too so it entices them to sit by her and talk to her which in turn keeps Freya happy longer so I can get things done. Hearing the little music that this baby gym plays brings back so many memories of when Alice was a baby. IMG_0475IMG_0479IMG_0503

1 comment:

Andy said...

Lindsey
Love the posts What a difference a month makes. A little more than a month, but a huge growth spurt for all your girls. Glad I am not aging at that rate!