Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kelsey and Kimball’s wedding

After Christmas we flew to Arizona for Kelsey and Kimball’s wedding.  I have been to the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and driven on Route 66 through AZ before and so I thought I had a decent idea of what the state looked like but I had no idea how different the climate is in Northern AZ compared the rest of the state.  I was stunned when I saw all the lemon and orange trees everywhere.  They were so beautiful.  Even more beautiful was Kelsey in her wedding dress.  This picture isn’t really close enough to get a good look at her dress but it was a graceful, vintage inspired, chiffon (?) dress with a cluster crepe looking flowers on one side of her waist.  I thought her hair perfectly matched the the loose, flowing feel of her dress.  IMG_6150Here is a picture of Courtney and Emma (a cousin on Guy’s side of the family) with Norah (probably taken by Hannah (Emma’s sister) while they waited at the visitor’s center for the the Temple ceremony.  IMG_6134I didn’t take any pictures at the reception unfortunately because I was too busy keeping Norah out of the pool and fire pits but it was beautiful.  It was outside in a pretty backyard with, as mentioned, a pool and fire pits and there were lots of palm trees with white Christmas lights.  The sky was also very clear so the stars were another great decoration.  Very romantic! 

No comments: