Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Break in Denver

We had a great time visiting Grandpa Dean and Grandma Lorraine in Denver. Ashley and her boys stayed with my parents while Matt was out of town and it was a lot of fun for the kids to wake up and play away the day and then take baths and read books together at bedtime. We went to the Children’s museum (3 times!), the rec center pool (twice) and to lots of fun parks and restaurants. My parents watched the kids a lot for us so Bryan and I could go out alone and we even spent a day in Boulder away from the kids which was wonderful.

Painting at the Children’s MuseumIMG_3714 Alice in the woodland area of the Children’s MuseumIMG_3718 Grandpa Dean made really good bubbles (Norah is in the purple lab coat bottom left)IMG_3724 At Proto’s Pizza after playing at the museumIMG_3754 Proto’s Pizza was fantastic. It was so good Bryan and I ended up going to the Boulder location of Proto’s tooIMG_3757 Cousins climbing a tree house togetherIMG_3761 Bryan enjoying the playground as much as Norah (center crouching), Louis (near Norah) and Alice (foreground)IMG_3764 It was such a treat to have so much time with Ashley!IMG_3774 At point in the weekend we all got distracted talking and didn’t notice Louis and Alice sneak off until it was just a little too quiet. I went upstairs looking for them and found them in my parent’s bathtub playing with all the bath toys. They both know they aren’t supposed to go upstairs alone (because both of them struggle making it down the stairs without tumbling) and they obviously knew they had pulled a fast one on us because as soon as I walked in on them they started cracking up. They were laughing so hard I had time to get my camera before they were over it.IMG_3782  Oh Andrew! He is the happiest, happiest baby there ever was. This doesn’t do him justice.IMG_3822

4 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

What a fun trip! (Louis looks so big!)

Ashley said...

Thank you for taking such beautiful pictures of my kids!

jo said...

Linds, your cute girls are so happy and darling. You must be doing several things right! So fun to catch up on what you're up to.

Ehales said...

I'm so glad you get to make all these trips home. How fun! Next post though, I'd like a belly shot ;)