Thursday, March 27, 2014

Alice Lately

Alice has become a daddy’s girl! She went through a period (the entire month of February) where her preference for Bryan was so intense that she would actually hit and push me away if Bryan was home saying “NO! Daddy do it” for everything from changing her diaper to buckling her in her car seat. It made my weekends a lot easier but it did start to hurt my feelings.

Alice loves putting away the silverware. She takes each piece and holds it up and announces whether it is a fork, spoon or knife before she puts it away. This is a wonderful help because it eliminates a task for me AND it occupies Alice for a long time – which is to say it is to say it eliminates many tasks for me. IMG_3666Alice has learned to hold up two fingers to show that she is 2. She LOVES to do this while saying “Two” and does it in response to not just questions of her age but also “How are you?” IMG_2437Alice and I still faithfully attend story time at the White Rock Library on Wednesdays and I’ve seen a lot of growth in her over the year. Our amazing children’s librarian, Miss Jenna really understands the value of repetition and now after 7 months of attendance Alice knows all the actions for the songs and is even learning the words to some of them. Here she is listening to a story:IMG_2601 In February Alice and I started attending Story Time Yoga at the North Park Mall and that has been really fun as well. I love watching Alice do her yoga poses. She gets off center when she catches me taking pictures IMG_2512IMG_2509Alice LOVES babies. She still plays with her baby doll every single day and she adored her cousin AndrewIMG_2541

No comments: