Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Alice at the Beach

This was Alice’s very first beach trip. She wasn’t timid about the water at all and loved splashing around. The first day we were there she was just running and around in circles in the water giggling. She’d fall down on her face, get up, laugh it off and keep on running. Norah still hates getting her face wet so it amazed me to see Alice fall in the water over and over without it phasing her.

Me and my water babyIMG_2354 Alice had a lot of quality time with Daddy on the beachIMG_2324 IMG_2329 IMG_2492IMG_2452There is something so beautiful about a baby on a beach. I loved watching her get her toes wet. I took these pictures while I was taking Alice for a walk to try to get her to nap. She insisted on getting out of the stroller and playing just a little bit more and I figured we were on vacation so why not? I took some pictures of her, savored the moment, and soon she was exhausted and fell right asleep.IMG_2510IMG_2511IMG_2503I think Alice’s favorite part of the beach trip was spending time with Norah. Even though Norah made several friends at the beach she depended mostly on Alice a lot for a playmate and Alice loved playing with her big sister.IMG_2420Alice and KimballSome of these are sadly out of focus because my camera was set to manual. Sorry about that. This is Alice holding on to her sunglasses in the hummer IMG_2541 She got excited when she saw the horsesIMG_2554She was very willing to let Grandpa Guy hold herIMG_2556Alice was absolutely no trouble on this trip. She slept on the beach every day so no one had to take her home, she went to bed easily and slept through the night, and she maintained her delightful cheerful disposition all weeklong. Bryan and I joke sometimes that Alice thinks to herself “what would be easiest for my parents right now?” I can’t believe what a good little traveler we have! Alice also significantly increased her vocabulary during the week. Words I heard her say for the first time were: Car, bite, go, water, Mimi, nay (horse), shoe. I' love my little A.IMG_2353

3 comments:

Kate said...

Such a sweet post! And you look awesome.

natalie said...

I absolutely love the beach pictures of Alice walking along the shoreline. They look like something a professional would take. It is so great that they are good sisters and left to play together :-) Alice is such a sweetheart.

natalie said...

I absolutely love the beach pictures of Alice walking along the shoreline. They look like something a professional would take. It is so great that they are good sisters and left to play together :-) Alice is such a sweetheart.