Sunday, June 30, 2013

Alice in June

Alice’s intense separation anxiety has returned. I’m hoping it is from the stress of moving and that it will subside soon because June has been a month of me pretty much not being able to leave her sight. Unfortunately June was also Alice’s first month in nursery. I teach in primary so I can’t stay with her so Bryan has been staying in nursery with her. Even with Bryan there she cries for a while when I leave her but I think she’s making progress. A week ago it was Bryan’s turn to teach in YMs so he had to leave her for the last hour and she stood at the barricade in front of the door and cried and cried till she fell asleep standing up. Our friend took these pictures of her:IMG_0376[1]The nursery leaders laid her downIMG_0377[1]I know this is really sad, but I just can’t help laughing when I look at these pictures. Oh Alice. I love Alice and I snuggle her every chance I get and give her extra long hugs and snuggles before bedtime. Bryan either calls her “hippo baby” because she’s on my hip or “barnacle baby.” I love her for wanting to be with me every second of the day but I do hope she’ll be able to enjoy nursery all on her own soon.

2 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

I just relayed this story to Jonathan at the dinner table because it is so funny.

Ehales said...

Those pictures are hilarious and priceless. Henry has been clingy too, hopefully it's just a phase!