Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Alice in April

Alice is adding words to her repertoire! When we were camping she was playing in the cabin with my mom and looking at the rest of us around the campfire through the window. She started trying to play peek a boo with us but no one was paying attention till she started yelling “gahpa” over and over again. My mom actually still had to get us to stop talking and pay attention to her but it was pretty loud and clear once we did. Alice also started saying “ohwa” for Norah. If I’m calling Norah because she’s too far away Alice will start calling her too. She has also started saying ball when she throws a ball or a round piece of fruit. Her L sound isn’t quite there but we count it. Ba-bye and hi are old words but she’s using them more.

This is kind of a cute photo of Alice and my dad (I’m glad I have my phone to capture these moments but I hate the quality). He was just about to leave for the airport and hugged Alice goodbye and as soon as he set her back down she put her arms up to be picked up again. She did this over and over again and gave him some good snuggles.IMG_1083Look at that sad little face. She knows what bye-bye means.IMG_1082 In case you’re wondering what the deal is with her outfit – she was play princesses with Norah.

Alice is a big time climber. She has no problem with pushing a chair across the room to get what she wants. She is so quiet too so if I’m not paying attention she can get to high places. I actually think all kids get pretty quiet when they know they are doing something naughty but Alice is always quiet so it doesn’t raise red flags. The other day I caught her on the kitchen counter eating cherry tomatoes. What’s more – she had dug out these tiny baking cups from a kitchen drawer and brought them with her so she could put the tomatoes in the cups before eating them. Such a complicated plot! IMG_1755IMG_1740

2 comments:

Hillary and Jonathan said...

She is so cute and I love that she brought her own cups for her tomatoes!

Ashley said...

Such cute photos of Alice on the counter, but I'm sure it must have scared you.