Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

We had a fun, but cold Halloween weekend this year. Norah dressed up as an “octagon.” She has been obsessed with “octagons” ever since she saw Jack Black act like seeing a stop sign was a celebrity sighting in this sesame street segment. It was such a simple costume to make and conveniently fit over her coat.IMG_7949We went to the Branch Halloween party on Friday night which was fabulous and included a murder mystery drama acted out by several branchers. IMG_7957There was also live music which Norah danced to with EllieIMG_7950Saturday we went to Grisamore Farms to see the animalsIMG_7969 IMG_7970and get some pumpkins which we had great ambitions to carve but never didIMG_7972And tonight we took Norah trick or treating around our apt complex and she loved it. She was very good about knocking, holding out her bucket and saying “thank you very much” but was stumped when neighbors tried to let her pick a candy instead of just giving her one.

9 comments:

h.v. said...

norah is just adorable. and you are darling, lindsey! i love your coat and hat. ithaca looks lovely in the fall.

Ashley said...

I love your coordinating costumes -- very clever!

Hillary and Jonathan said...

You two are so clever with your costumes! I am seriously impressed! And you're one step ahead of us on the pumpkins... I never even bought any... oops!

DB said...

Little Lamb, who made thee
Does thou know who made thee
Gave thee life & bid thee feed.
By the stream & o'er the mead

William Blake, and DB

Kali said...

K your costumes are too cute. Simple and creative. I need your brain for Halloween next year!!

Crystal said...

I remember Bryan teaching Audrey to say all of these crazy shape names when she was about Norah's age. :) That's what I thought of when you said she wanted to be an octagon. That is TOO cute. And, I have to tell you, I LOVE that first picture of you looking at the camera and smiling while Norah looks at the goat. You just look so great in that read coat and cute white hat. Love you!

P.S. I promise I'll post about ours very soon. Nice work on being so prompt!

Sara said...

the costumes were amazing. I was seriously overwhelmed with how clever they were. AWESOME.
p.s. thanks for the pics.

MLE Whatz said...

I knew Norah would be a stop sign but love that Lindsey was a "bump" and Bryan was man at work.

Diane said...

Oh she is just such a cute little girl! I love the "family theme" of road signs especially your "bump". when are you due? I am sure your getting so excited! I hope all is going well! -Diane