Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shave and a haircut...Two Bits

Roger Rabbit can't resist finishing this couplet even when it is most inconvenient for him. I have found that Norah has a similar compulsion when it comes to animal sounds. Norah had a particularly difficult time falling asleep the other night so I started reading books to her. One of her favorite books goes over all the animal sounds. As I read the animals that she knew she would stop crying just long enough to wimper through a "moo" for the cow and a "baa" for the sheep and certainly a "neigh" for the horse. I read the book several times because it was amusing and it made for some breaks in the crying. She eventually went to sleep with the book.

3 comments:

jenny t said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I can just picture the pathetic little cries ceasing just long enough to spout out, "Moo." Thank you for making me laugh today.

Hillary and Jonathan said...

I even asked Jonathan, but neither of us understand your title...

MLE Whatz said...

So darling!