Thursday, May 21, 2015

Freya at 10 months

Freya will be 10 months in 4 days and I wanted to write this post ahead of Norah’s birthday festivities. Freya is a calm, happy baby. When she wakes up in the morning and when she wakes up from her naps she pulls herself up, walks along her crib to the side near her bedroom door and leans out to reach the door and opens it. This is usually the first sound Bryan and I hear in the morning – the creaking of her bedroom door opening followed by her happy chatter calling us to come get her.

Other random notes about this past month: Freya eats a fried egg most mornings for breakfast along with fruit and cheerios or puffs. She loves to eat! She claps her hands now and loves to clap with others. I moved the play kitchen out of the playroom and into the kitchen and Freya spends a lot of time opening and shutting the play kitchen cupboards and pulling out the play food. She knows that she is not allowed in the bathrooms and that just makes her want to be in there even more. Norah even said “I think her goal in life is to be in the bathroom.” If she hears us coming to get her she just crawls faster to the bathroom while giggling. Freya and I are taking a mommy and me yoga class at the Y and I love it! It’s one hour a week when I am completely focused on her. She mostly crawls around the room and plays with the toys the instructor has out for movers but I enjoy just being able to watch her without thinking about chores I need to do and Freya comes back to my yoga mat to check in with me and there are lots of interactive moments that involve things like counting toys and singing nursery rhymes. Freya is still turning heads everywhere we go and she still draws comments about her pretty red hair. Patient admirers are now rewarded with waves and bashful smiles. IMG_1814IMG_1806IMG_1810IMG_1824 IMG_1825IMG_1844 IMG_1839IMG_1795

2 comments:

Becky Vinchur said...

She is absolutely the cutest!!

Ehales said...

She's so yummy. I could literally eat her, but she's too cute